4th Gujarat International Short Film Festival 2014
Rules and Regulations:
1. Gujarat International Short film festival is organized at Surat every year.
2. For encouraging film and art, a platform for new generation short filmmakers are provided by Academy of Cultural Activities and Arts Institute.
3. The competition is open to all national and international participants.
4. All films must be submitted to the selection committee in VCD/DVD/MOV file format.
5. Each entry must be accompanied by a completely filled in entry form.
6. All entries must be sent to GIFFI prepaid and insured for your own protection.
7. VCDs/DVDs submitted will not be returned, except under extreme circumstances, $15 fee is needed for the return of the submission after the festival.
8. If selected for the festival, exhibition prints may be presented in either 35mm films, beta cam sp (Pal) video, digi beta (PAL) or high quality DVD, the festival committee will accept other formats only after receiving a fixed amount of cash and provided there is the availability of the equipment for format changing.
9. The selection of the Films for the GIFFI will be announced not later than prior to one month of the festival.
10. Please notify to us by email, fax, of any changes of address. The festival committee reserves the right to accept or refuse any film without assigning any reason whatsoever.
11. The Gujarat International Film Festival of India reserves the right to use excerpts and pictures from the film for promotion and public relation purpose.
12. The film can be in any language, but it should be submitted in English or Hindi. If the language of the film is English or Hindi, it is not required to be sub-titled.
13. Duration of the film should not be less than 3 minutes and should not exceed 30 minutes.
14. No “TA” will be provided for the participants attending the festival. Festival will provide free lodging for one representative for each of the selected films only for one day.
15. Academy Award Trophy and the cash prizes awarded for all the competition winner in each category are similar.
16. Competition category (All films produced after 1st Jan 2010).
17. The films of any genre can be submitted for the competition.
18. The short film can be documentary, experimental, narrative, fiction, social comedy, or animation. The original film may be produced on 35mm, 16mm, HD, DIGI BETA, BETA SP, U-MATIC, DV, DVD but the film must be available on DVD/MOV file for presentation or preview purpose.
19. Each participant can send as many entries as he/she likes, but with separate entry forms (you may copy or Xerox entry form), preview DVD, synopsis/description, still photographs, press kit should be enclosed.
20. Send demand draft to:
Entry fee for DreamWorks Digital Studio
C/O Academy of Cultural Activities and Art Institute
S/4 Suryoday Complex beside D’Mart Mall (Regent Square)
Karan Park Road,
Adajan, Surat - 395009
Bank Name: Bank of India
Bank Branch: Adajan Surat – 395009 Gujarat
For international participants, IFSC Code is given below:
IFSC Code: BKID000
Beneficiary: DreamWorks Digital Studio
A/c No: 275120110000203
21. All the amounts collected by ticket/donation/pass would be utilized to help the AIDS victims;
such profits obtained will be donated deducting the cost of the event management.
22. Best International short film (Platinum Academy Award), best national short film (Golden Academy Award) and best regional short film (Silver Academy Award) will receive prize money worth Rs. 25, 000, Rs. 20, 000 & Rs. 15, 000 respectively.
Best Director, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Child Artist and Best Screenplay writers, Best Cinematographer will be honored for their exceptional achievements and will receive Academy Awards, and certificates of participation.
23. Registration fees for professional filmmaker, amateur, and students Rs.2000 for Indians. For other countries non-Indians professional filmmakers USD $50.
24. This film festival is organized on non-profitable basis and amount of cash prizes depend solely on sponsors.
25. List of selected short films will be put on our website www.giffindia.org
26. The preview material should be addressed to:
Gujarat International Film Festival of India
(ACAAI)/DreamWorks Digital Studio
S-4 Suryoday Complex, beside Regent Square D’Mart Mall,
Karan Park Road, Adajan, Surat – 395009, Gujarat, India.
27. Please write on the courier/Postal invoice:
“Gujarat International film festival of India selection purpose/cultural purpose only – not for commercial use. No commercial value, value for customs purposes should approximately US $2 per film.
28. After selection, the promotional material of the film has to reach the festival office before one month of the festival.
29. Participation in the festival implies acceptance of these Rules and Regulation.
30. Academy of Cultural Activities and Arts Institute and project parties may, in their sole discretion, disqualify films deemed to be inappropriate or otherwise non-complaint.
31. Academy of Cultural Activities and Arts Institute may add to or amend these rules at any prior to the beginning of the competition, without informing the participants.
32. Participation in the 4th Gujarat International Short film festival 2014 “Academy of Cultural Activities and Arts Institute” implies the acceptance of all the terms and conditions listed above as well as the resolution by the organization of any problem not stated herein.
|A Tribute to|
|Late Sanjeev Kumar|
|Mighty mougal of Indian Cinema.|